By Steve Waugh,Peter Clements
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and figuring out in their AQA breadth examine via specialist narrative, revolutionary talents improvement and bespoke essays from major historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' realizing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the foremost options of swap, continuity, reason and outcome, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they strengthen during the course
- Improves scholars' abilities in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing via supplying transparent counsel and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative abilities and curiosity in historical past via prolonged analyzing possibilities which includes especially commissioned essays from training historians on correct debates
- Cements figuring out of the wide concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the most important questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
The Making of a Superpower: united states 1865-1975
This name explores the period of reconstruction, the improvement of the USA as an financial strength, its function in overseas affairs, household matters and its emergence as a superpower. It considers breadth problems with switch, continuity, reason and outcome during this interval via studying key questions about subject matters equivalent to governance, economic climate, society, the function of the united states in international affairs, ideology and the influence of key individuals.
Read Online or Download AQA A-level History: The Making of a Superpower: USA 1865-1975 (AQA A Level History) PDF
Similar american history_1 books
Memphis is equivalent elements tune and food--the items of a group marked with grit and resiliency. The city's blues and soul tune have lifted spirits, whereas fish fry has been a significant company ever on the grounds that red meat first entered the culinary panorama of Memphis with Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto, who introduced the recent global its first herd of pigs.
Laboratories of Virtue: Punishment, Revolution, and Authority in Philadelphia, 1760-1835 (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History ... and the University of North Carolina Press)
Michael Meranze makes use of Philadelphia as a case learn to investigate the connection among penal reform and liberalism in early the US. In Laboratories of advantage, he translates the evolving procedure of felony punishment as a microcosm of social tensions that characterised the early American republic. enticing contemporary paintings at the heritage of punishment in England and continental Europe, Meranze strains legal punishment from the overdue colonial method of publicly inflicted corporal consequences to the institution of penitentiaries within the Jacksonian interval.
Such a lot California histories start with the arriving of the Spanish missionaries within the overdue eighteenth century and comfortably pass to the Gold Rush of 1849. considerably absent from those tales are the views and reviews of the folks who lived at the land lengthy ahead of ecu settlers arrived.
A small city within the titanic barren region of West Texas, Marfa draws viewers from world wide to its paintings foundations and galleries, movie and song gala's, and layout and structure symposiums. whereas newbies occasionally see it as "another Santa Fe," long-time citizens usually take a bemused, even disapproving angle towards the alterations that Marfa has passed through seeing that artist Donald Judd got here to city within the Seventies and commenced growing areas for his personal and different artists' paintings.
Additional resources for AQA A-level History: The Making of a Superpower: USA 1865-1975 (AQA A Level History)