By David Goldberg
Full of colourful characters and rousing tales drawn from oral histories, discrimination fits, and the records of the Vulcan Society (the fraternal society of Black firefighters in New York), this publication sheds new gentle at the impression of Black firefighters within the struggle for civil rights.
Read or Download Black Firefighters and the FDNY: The Struggle for Jobs, Justice, and Equity in New York City (Justice, Power, and Politics) PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
Un libro sull’emigrazione dei primi anni Cinquanta dal Sud dell’Italia, che ricostruisce dalla voce dei protagonisti le vicende del trasferimento di intere famiglie – dalla Calabria all’Inghilterra – nella città industriale di Bedford. Le biografie degli immigrati, raccolte dall’Autore direttamente sul campo, sono l’occasione feconda in keeping with sperimentare tecniche e metodi dell’analisi qualitativa.
Within the wake of Mexico’s revolution, artists performed a basic position in developing a countrywide id headquartered on operating humans and have been hailed for his or her contributions to trendy paintings. Picturing the Proletariat examines 3 features of this inventive legacy: the parallel paths of equipped exertions and artists’ collectives, the family between those teams and the kingdom, and visible narratives of the employee.
Unmasking Administrative Evil discusses the missed dating among evil and public affairs, in addition to different fields and professions in public life.
Historical Directory of Trade Unions: Volume 5, Including Unions in Printing and Publishing, Local Government, Retail and Distribution, Domestic Services, ... Employment, Financial Services, Agriculture
Regardless of common curiosity within the exchange union flow and its background, it hasn't ever been effortless to track the improvement of person unions, in particular these now defunct, or the place identify alterations or mergers have harassed the path. during this admire the normal histories and commercial experiences are inclined to stimulate interest instead of fulfill it.
- Employment Relations in Non-Union Firms (Routledge Research in Employment Relations)
- Black Unemployment: Part of Unskilled Unemployment (Contributions in Labor Studies)
- Youth and Employment in Sub-Saharan Africa: Working but Poor (Routledge Studies in Development Economics)
- Sick Building Syndrome and the Problem of Uncertainty: Environmental Politics, Technoscience, and Women Workers
- The World's Strongest Trade Unions: The Scandinavian Labor Movement
- Indústria e conflito no meio rural: Os mineiros alentejanos (1858-1938) (Biblioteca - Estudos & Colóquios) (Portuguese Edition)
Additional resources for Black Firefighters and the FDNY: The Struggle for Jobs, Justice, and Equity in New York City (Justice, Power, and Politics)