By Stanley Sloan
Read or Download Defense of the West: NATO, the European Union and the Transatlantic Bargain PDF
Best international affairs books
A willing research of the impression of ecu regionalism within the Mediterranean, concentrating on the politics of illustration and structures of identification. The Mediterranean - as a area, as a space of european coverage and as a place at the edge of a quickly integrating Europe - has been a theoretically under-researched zone.
Constructing an effective foundation for destiny study and coaching, this illuminating quantity enables peace and mutual figuring out among humans by means of addressing a root reason for social conflicts: identification structures. the quantity encompasses 8 revealing empirical case reports from areas through the international, carried out through specialists from diversified disciplinary backgrounds.
This e-book offers the 1st complete evaluation of the ecu Union’s position in army clash administration past its borders and makes an incredible contribution to debates at the EU’s position in international defense governance. the ecu has introduced 5 army operations in the framework of its universal defense and Defence coverage with the categorical objective to aid deal with violent conflicts past its borders.
The heritage of the trendy social sciences may be visible as a chain of makes an attempt to confront the demanding situations of social sickness and revolution wrought via the foreign enlargement of capitalist social family members. In Capital, the country, and battle, Alexander Anievas makes a speciality of one rather major point of this tale: the inter-societal or geo-social origins of the 2 international wars, and, extra largely, the confluence of things in the back of the Thirty Years’ obstacle among 1914 and 1945.
- Changes in statehood and sovereignty of modern states: Why has the modern nation state changed since 1945?
- The American Union and the Problem of Neighborhood: The United States and the Collapse of the Spanish Empire, 1783-1829
- The Boundaries of Europe: From the Fall of the Ancient World to the Age of Decolonisation (Discourses on Intellectual Europe)
- American Influence in Greece, 1917-1929
- The Unfinished Peace after World War I: America, Britain and the Stabilisation of Europe, 1919–1932
Additional info for Defense of the West: NATO, the European Union and the Transatlantic Bargain